Do you ever feel stressed out? Like, all the time? And it’s not just because of one specific thing, but more like a general feeling of tension in your body and mind? Well, Massage might be able to help. Massage therapy benefits have been shown to reduce stress levels and tension in the body. It’s often recommended as a way to deal with stress and tension. That’s the reason we highly recommend investing in a good massage chair for your relaxation. There are many full body massage benefits.
Surprising Benefits Of Massage Therapy:
Many different massage styles have many advantageous effects that result beyond simple relaxation. Here are a few of the health issues that massage may help with. However, before utilizing massage for any health concern, Do not forget to take your doctor’s recommendation. The following list contains the long-term benefits of massage.
- Reduce Stress.
- Improve Blood Circulation and Blood Pressure.
- Stimulation of the lymphatic system.
- Improved skin tone.
- Improved Breathing.
- Ease pregnancy pains
- Enhance exercise performance.
- Improve cardiovascular health.
- Improve balance in older adults.
- Decrease rheumatoid arthritis pain.
- Temper effects of dementia.
- Improve the quality of life in hospice care.
- Reduce chemotherapy-related nausea.
- Reduce Pain- Back pain, Upper back and neck pain, Nerve pain, Myofascial pain syndrome, Temporomandibular joint pain, Headaches.
- Eliminate Toxins.
- Improve Flexibility.
- Boosting immune system function.
- Reduce Fatigue.
- Boosts Mood and Promotes Better Quality Sleep or Insomnia.
- Alleviate Depression and Anxiety
- Reduce post-surgery and post-injury swelling.
- Carpal tunnel syndrome relief.
- Alcohol withdrawal symptoms.
- Digestive disorders.
- Soft tissue strains or injuries.
- Sports injuries.
- Boost mental health and wellness.
- Improves Body Metabolism.
- Improve physical fitness.
Disadvantages Of Body Massage:
Although there is an extensive list of Massage Therapy Benefits, we must consider the doctor’s recommendations first. Because if it goes wrong, it can result in various severe outcomes.
- Lingering Pain
- Muscle Aches Or Fatigue
- Fatigue Or Sleepiness
- Redness Or Heat (Skin)
- Aggravating and older injury
- Bleeding disorders or take blood-thinning medication
- Burns or healing wounds
- Deep vein thrombosis
- Broken bones (fractures)
- Severe osteoporosis
- A meager platelet count (severe thrombocytopenia)
Types Of Massage Therapy:
- Active Release Therapy
- Swedish Massage Therapy
- Myofascial Release Therapy
- Medical Massage
- Acupressure / Acupuncture
- Cupping Therapy
- Craniosacral Therapy
- Trigger Point Therapy
- Thai Massage Therapy
- Biodynamic Massage Therapy
- Lomilomi Massage Therapy
- Ashiatsu Therapy
- Aquatic Bodywork Therapy
- Burmese Massage Therapy
- Structural Integration Therapy / Rolfing
- Biomechanical stimulation (BMS) Therapy
- Lymphatic Drainage Therapy
- Hot Stone Massage
1. Lymphatic Massage For Weight Loss:
When we cannot exercise regularly, lymphatic drainage massage is preferred. The therapy also aids in releasing and eliminating toxins and wastes from the body. This is critical since excessive waste in the body contributes to weight growth.
Types of Lymphatic Drainage Massage:
Symptoms of Lymphedema:
- Skin discoloration
- Tissue swelling
- Heaviness in the limbs
- Hardening or thickening of the skin
- Recurring infections
Lymphatic Drainage Massage Benefits:
Check the following list of lymphatic drainage massage therapy benefits:
- Weight loss
- Cellulite reduction
- Reduced water retention
- Increased metabolic rate
- Helps you relax
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Chronic venous insufficiency
When To Avoid This Massage:
Lymphatic drainage massage is not indicated in the following conditions and circumstances:
- Heart condition
- Kidney failure
- Blood clots
How To Perform A Lymphatic Massage:
Most of these exercises may be done standing, sitting, or lying down, as long as the person is comfortable. During a lymphatic massage, keep the following suggestions in mind.
- Use mild pressure and don’t push hard enough to feel the muscles during these massage motions; they should influence the skin.
- Maintain a loose grip on the hands.
- Massage swollen or diseased regions sparingly.
- Massage regions of the body that have received cancer treatment are not recommended.
- After each massage, drink extra fluids, ideally 2 to 4 glasses of water, to cleanse the body.
How to Get Ready:
Before a lymphatic massage, use the procedures below to activate the lymphatic system and prepare the lymph nodes to bring in more fluid.
Breathing Through The Lymphatic System:
Deep breathing helps transport fluid through the arteries and lymph nodes by pumping. Follow the steps below to get started:
- Placing both hands on the tummy is a good idea.
- Inhale slowly and steadily through your nose, stretching your tummy and maintaining your shoulders steady.
- Exhale slowly through your mouth.
- In between breaths, take a break.
Make The Front Of The Neck Ready:
- Place each hand’s index and middle fingers just over the collarbone on either side of the neck.
- By gradually pushing the fingers inside toward the center of the collarbone, you may stretch the skin.
Get The Side Of The Neck Ready:
- Place the palms of both hands below the ears on either side of the neck.
- Slowly lower and raise both hands.
Get The Back Of Your Neck Ready.
- Place your palms on the back of your neck towards the hairline.
- Slid the hands down the neck toward the spine gently.
Make Preparations Under The Arms:
Prepare the lymph nodes under your arms to receive lymph fluid from other parts of your body. This exercise should not be performed in locations where a doctor has treated cancer. Take the following steps:
- Under the armpit, cup the palm of your hand.
- Pump the palm of your hand upward and toward the body.
- Rep with the other arm.
Get Your Knees Ready:
- Place both hands behind the knee with the fingers pointing in the same direction.
- By softly pushing the palms into the back of the knee and rolling them upward, you may pump the back of the knee.
- Rep on the opposite knee.
Massage Methods For The Upper Body:
To assist remove lymph fluid from the chest, shoulder, and upper arm, use the procedures shown below.
To Massage The Chest, Do The Following:
- Place your palm flat, just above the breast, on the other side of your chest.
- Move the hand across the collarbone and up the chest.
- Continue up the neck until the skin around the chest feels tight, then let go.
To Massage The Shoulder, Do The Following:
- Place your arm on a table or an armrest for support.
- Place the other hand on the resting arm’s shoulder.
- Move the hand toward the neck and over the back of the shoulder.
To Massage The Upper Arm, Do The Following:
- Place your arm on a table or an armrest for support.
- Place the other hand’s middle two fingers on the inside of the upper arm, just below the shoulder.
- Slide your fingers to the outside of your upper arm.
- Wrap the hand around the upper arm’s exterior.
- Return the hand to the inside of the arm with a gentle movement.
To Massage The Entire Arm, Do The Following:
- Begin at the shoulder and work your way up.
- Stretch the skin upward with your palm.
- Stretch the skin toward the shoulder by moving the hand down to the upper arm.
- Continue down the arm, pushing the skin upward at all times.
- Come to a halt at the wrist.
To Massage The Fingertips, Do The Following:
- Begin towards the palm, at the base of the swollen finger.
- Stretch the finger’s skin toward the hand using the index and thumb.
- This action should be repeated throughout the entire finger.
- It’s important to remember to move fluid toward the hand.
Massage Treatments For The Lower Body:
- Begin massaging the top of the leg and work your way down to the foot.
- Support yourself with a cushion or a stool.
To Massage The Upper Leg:
- Start at the top of the leg.
- Put one hand on the inside of the opposite thigh near the groin and place the other hand on the buttock.
- Gently stretch the skin by moving the hand on the inside of the thigh toward the outside of the thigh and up.
- Move the hands further down the leg and repeat the stretching movement above.
- Stop above the knee.
To Massage The Lower Leg:
- Start right below the knee.
- Place one hand on the shin and the other hand on the back of the calf.
- Gently stretch the skin upward.
- Continue this motion, working down toward the ankle and the top of the foot.
- Always use upward strokes.
To Massage The Toes:
- Use the thumb and index finger to guide fluid from the toes toward the foot.
- It is vital to end the massage by drinking extra fluids permanently.
How Massage Can Relieve Stress and Tension
If you’re looking for a way to manage your stress and tension, Massage might be the answer. So, what’s the trick to getting a massage? Doing it regularly. It is also one of the best massage therapy benefits, which reduces stress and tension.
Studies have shown that if you get a massage once a week, you’re going to see a massive difference in your stress levels. However, if you get a massage less often than that, you’re still going to see some massage therapy benefits, but they won’t be as significant.
So what does this mean? It means that you should try to fit a massage into your life one or more times a week if possible. Studies show that the stress-relieving benefits of Massage therapy can last for up to two days, depending on how often you get a massage. So if you want to see the most difference, you should aim to get at least one Massage a week. That way, your stress levels will be significantly reduced in the long term.
Benefits of Doing Massage Therapy Regularly:
If you’re not used to getting regular massages, you might be a little bit nervous. You might wonder what the benefits are of getting massage therapy and if it’s worth your time. If this is the case, you should know the many benefits of getting regular massages. One of these benefits is reduced stress levels. Many people wonder what the science is behind how a massage can lower stress levels. Well, all you have to do is think about the mechanics of a massage.
Massage has been shown to lower cortisol levels (the stress hormone) and increase serotonin levels (which makes you feel calm). When these hormones are balanced, it makes you feel much calmer and more relaxed — which helps with stress and tension. Another reason that regular massages are good for you is that they can help your body become more flexible.
For example, Massage has been shown to make bones and muscles more flexible — which helps prevent injuries. Working in an industry where you need to move around a lot (or lift heavy objects) will benefit you greatly. In addition to all of the benefits mentioned here, Massage might also reduce levels of depression. As we already know, stress and tension can make us feel sad and tired. But by getting a massage regularly, you might also be lowering your risk for developing depression — which is great news.
How Massage Therapy Benefits To Relieves Pain?
Many people choose to get regular massages because they experience chronic pain. For example, you might be experiencing back pain from sitting in front of a computer all day — or you might be experiencing tension headaches from stress. Well, Massage is a great way to alleviate this pain and discomfort. While Massage won’t heal your pain, it can help.
How Massage Therapy Benefits To Reduce Stress?
Let’s talk about stress relief massage. By now, you know that one of the main benefits of Massage therapy is its ability to relax your body. We’ve already mentioned that it can reduce stress levels, but how does it do this? Well, one reason is that Massage lowers cortisol levels. Since you know that stress causes your body to produce more cortisol, it makes sense that Massage might reduce stress levels. In addition, Massage also increases serotonin levels. Serotonin is the “happy hormone” that makes you feel calmer and relaxed. So, by increasing serotonin levels, Massage can take your stress levels down a notch. Doing this massage therapy regularly might decrease the amount of stress you experience over time.
How Massage Therapy Benefits To Boost your Mood?
Did you know that Massage can help boost your mood? Studies have shown that Massage can reduce the levels of depression in people. This doesn’t mean that Massage will “cure” your depression — but it might help. One of the reasons Massage can boost your mood is that it increases serotonin levels. Like we said earlier, serotonin has a calming effect on the body. Also, Massage can increase endorphins in your body. These are the “feel good” chemicals that make you happy. So, by boosting your endorphins, Massage can boost your mood as well.
How Massage Therapy Benefits To Reduce Anxiety?
Finally, Massage might be able to reduce anxiety as well. One of the reasons that Massage works on your stress levels is because it relaxes you. When your body is relaxed, your mind is relaxed, too, decreasing anxiety levels. So, if you are experiencing high anxiety levels, Massage might be able to help. In addition, studies have shown that people who get regular massages have lower cortisol levels. This means that they have lower stress levels, decreasing anxiety. There are many reasons why Massage is good for you. Massage has been shown to help your body become more relaxed and calmer, positively impacting your overall health.
Massage For Weight Loss At Home:
A simple massage may revitalize your fatigued body, allowing you to accomplish a flurry of tasks with ease. But did you know that there are other sorts of these massages to choose from, including body massage for fat loss?
Massage To Lose Weight In Stomach:
As you can see, there is no advantage for “weight loss” in the above list. Does this imply that the weight-loss advantages of full-body massage are negligible and that massage should not be considered a weight-loss tool? No, not at all. Massages have been linked to weight loss in several studies.
Massage can help you lose weight in a roundabout way. Massage has been discovered to reduce cellulite by breaking down abdominal fat. Suppose you’re unable to continue your usual workout regimen due to muscular soreness or other problems. In that case, a massage can help reduce the pain and allow you to return to your regular workout schedule, allowing you to burn calories.
Benefits of Massage For Weight Loss:
- Relieve constipation
- Improve digestive function
- Accelerates metabolism
- Reduce bloating
- Alleviate menstrual pain
- Aid in weight loss
- Encourage relaxation
- Tone and strengthen the abdominal muscles.
- Release physical and emotional tension
- Release muscle spasms
- Increase blood flow to the abdomen
- Benefit abdominal organs
Chinese Massage for Weight Loss:
This approach should be used twice a day, before breakfast and immediately before bedtime.
- Lie down on your back on a hard, level surface.
- Rub your hands together briskly until they are warm to the touch.
- One hand should be flat on your belly button.
- Begin rubbing your tummy in tiny circles clockwise around your belly button with mild pressure, gradually increasing the size of the circles.
Each circle should take 1 to 2 seconds to complete.
- Pay attention to the heat that begins to build up in your abdomen.
- Continue for another two minutes or about 40-50 circles.
While performing the workout, it is critical to keep your stomach warm.
Avoid Using This Technique:
- Immediately after a heavy meal, bladder, kidney, or gallbladder stones
- Intestinal or stomach ulcers
- Inflammation of the uterus, bladder, ovaries, or fallopian tubes.
Self Massage for Weight Loss:
We can also do massage for weight loss at home while following given below instructions:
- Lie down on your back, belly button exposed.
- As you focus on your breath, cross your hands on your lower tummy and keep them there.
- Rub your hands together for around 30 seconds to warm them up.
- Apply whatever essential oils you’re using.
- Massage your entire stomach in a clockwise manner many times with the palm of your hand.
- Then, starting below your sternum and finishing at your pubic bone, massage the midline of your abdomen.
- Make three additional lines along the left side of the abdomen, one inch apart.
- Carry out the identical procedure on the right side of your stomach.
- Then, firmly push your fingers into your navel.
- Continue rubbing with mild pressure in a clockwise circle outward from your navel.
- You might devote more time to specific locations or trigger points that you believe require special attention.
- This can be done for up to 20 minutes.
Dhanurasana (Yoga Position):
The bow stance is excellent for core development and abdominal muscle tightening. It provides a full-body stretch that boosts energy and aids digestion.
- Lie face down on the mat, legs extended out and arms at your sides.
- Reach your arms back to support your ankles or feet while bending your knees upward.
- While breathing normally, hold the posture for 15-30 seconds.
- Exhale and return to the laying posture, giving 15 seconds for your body to relax.
- Repeat five times, taking a short break between each pose.
Thigh Massage To Lose Weight:
This is also a Vigorous massage for cellulite prone areas. This one comes highly recommended by a qualified massage therapist. You can request a half-hour session that concentrates only on your legs, hips, and thighs from your massage therapist. With pressure, you will quickly feel a difference if the therapy is rather vigorous and contains a lot of motions. If you’re wondering what the most significant time of day is to massage different parts of your body, it’s best to do it after a bath when your skin is most pliable.
To remove fat from your thighs, use the following methods.
- Place your hands on the portion of your thigh that is closest to your knees.
- You may also apply a little pressure with the other hand while maintaining the massage.
- Hold your leg in a massaging motion toward the center of your thigh, freeing up your legs.
- Make sure you cover your thighs completely, including the top and sides.
- Squeeze out like rinsing a washcloth, kneading through the fluids in your legs, moving the front, sides, and back for a thorough thigh massage.
- Kneel lightly from the bottom to the top of your thighs (where your thighs meet your waist).
- This massage phase should focus on removing toxin deposits and detoxing your thighs.
- For a detoxifying leg massage that aids in more effective fat reduction, start with the calf and work your way up to the top of your thighs.
Slimming Massage Before and After:
A slimming massage involves using a piece of high-tech massage equipment that reactivates the fat-burning process to eradicate localised fat and body flaws, resulting in a tighter, younger-looking shape. Slimming massage therapy benefits are:
- Lose weight with ease.
- Improves skin.
- Great self-esteem.
- Improved health.
How To Do Body Massage At Home By Own:
1. Massage Therapy to Relieve Tired Eyes:
This one is helpful for tired eyes from computer use since it increases circulation and reduces sinus congestion, eye strain, and headaches.
- Close your eyes for a moment.
- Starting at the inside corner of each eye socket, place your thumbs beneath your brows.
- Working slowly towards the outsides of your brows, press and softly move your thumbs in little circles.
- Continue moving your hands over your eyes until you reach the bridge of your nose.
- Repeat this process many times, paying specific attention to the depression of the inner eye socket, where the bridge of the nose meets the ridge of the brows, which is a susceptible spot for many individuals.
2. Massage Therapy to Ease Headaches and Tension:
- Begin by placing your thumbs on your cheekbones
- Close to your ears
- Softly applying pressure
- Rub your temples with your fingertips (the soft spot between the corner of your eye and your ear).
- Move your fingers up along your hairline until they meet in the center of your forehead, massaging your entire forehead and scalp as you go, using firm pressure and a slight circular motion.
Self Massage for Headache Relief:
Before and after completing these treatments, drink lots of water.
- Your thumbs should be firmly pressed against each other and the bridge of your nose, right behind your brow.
- Hold for 10 seconds before taking a big breath.
- Rep 5 times more.
- Place your thumbs just behind your brow, the pads of your thumbs close to the bridge of your nose.
- This time, though, you will press forcefully upwards towards your brow.
- Take ten deep breaths while maintaining this pressure.
- Rep 5 times more.
- Pinch your brows with both hands and hold for 10 seconds.
- Take a deep breath.
- Rep 5 times more.
- Using consistent pressure, press your middle three fingers firmly into the sides of your temple and add a tiny circular motion for 10 seconds.
- Take a deep breath.
- Repeat five times
3. Massage Therapy to Relax the Hands:
Massage not only benefits the hands, but it may aid in easing headaches. Reflexology points on the hands, like those on the feet, connect to the complete body, including the head, neck, eyes, ears, nose, mouth, and sinuses. Here are a few exercises to help you relax after a long day of banging the piano.
- Extend your fingers and hands.
- Rub each finger from the base to the tip, tugging and twisting each one gently.
- Next, place your left hand on your lap, palm up.
- Moving from your wrist to the base of your thumb, squeeze the fleshy area of your palm between your right thumb and index finger.
- Squeeze that web several times between your left index finger and thumb, seeking any sensitive spots.
- Then, using your right thumb, rub the entire palm, giving firm pressure and gliding strokes from the wrist to the base of each finger.
- Carry through the same procedure with your right hand.
4. Massage Therapy to Relieve Neck Tension:
- Mold your hands over your shoulders as you’re seated at the computer.
- Exhale, allowing your head to sink back as you compress your fingers towards your palms, sliding up your back and shoulders to your neck.
- Allow your head to slide forward slightly as you rest your elbows on your desk.
- Make little deep circles into the muscles on either side of your spine with your fingertips as you massage your neck from your shoulders to the base of your head.
- Interlace the fingers of both hands on the back of your skull.
- Drop your head forward and let the weight of your elbows gently pull your head down, stretching the muscles in your neck and down your back.
5. Massage Therapy to Loosen Tight Shoulders:
You’ll need a tennis ball or a firm rubber ball for this.
- With your feet hip-distance apart, stand 18 inches from the wall.
- Put your buttocks against the wall and do a half squat.
- Lean forward and place the ball at the top of your shoulder behind your back.
- Slowly raise an inch at a time, pressing against the wall and rolling the ball down the muscles along the side of your spine, halting when you reach a painful place and waiting for the pain to go away.
- Reverse the procedure by squatting down slowly and allowing the ball to rise to the top of your shoulder muscle.
- Switch sides and continue the gradual massage on the opposite side of your body using the ball.
- You’ll not only be relieving stress from your shoulders, but you’ll also be strengthening your leg muscles at the same time.
6. Massage Therapy to Release the Lower Back:
- Stand up and clasp your hands over your waist, thumbs behind you and fingers ahead.
- Gently push your thumbs into the muscles on each side of your spine, but avoid pressing directly on the spine.
- Keep your thumbs pressed into your palms as you move in a bit of circle up, down, and around.
- Spend extra time to detect a painful spot, being careful not to hurt yourself.
- Move your thumbs up either side of the spine as far as your hands can comfortably reach, 1 inch at a time.
- Then slowly work your way back down your back, pressing on the bony surface of your sacrum.
7. Massage Therapy to Soothe Tired Feet:
- To see your instep, place your left foot on the seat of your chair.
- Apply firm pressure along the side of your foot with your right thumb, going from the heel to the big toe.
- Swipe your thumb across the ridge where your toes and ball of the foot meet.
- When you arrive at the tiny toe, compress and twist the whole surface of the toe using your thumb and index finger.
- Work on each toe separately until you reach the huge toe.
- Stretch all of your toes with one hand, bending and flexing them back and forth.
- Use the knuckles of your right hand to apply deep pressure to the whole surface of the sole of your foot
- Moving from the heel to the toes and back down while supporting the top of your left foot with your left hand.
- Extend your toes, flex and extend your feet, and rotate your ankles.
- Restart the procedure from the beginning on the right foot.
So, to wrap things up, Massage therapy benefits can help your body relaxes and becomes healthier. It can improve your flexibility and mobility — which will be great for your career. It can also help reduce depression and anxiety, which will be wonderful for your mood. And it might even improve your overall health over time. Massage therapy does a lot for your body, and it’s something that everyone should consider getting. We can do body massage at home very easily while following the given instructions.