What is Kapalbjati Pranayama?
Kapalbhati is pranayama that practiced in yoga. Kapalbhati can be divided into two words, first is “Kapal,” which means forehead, and second is “Bhati,” which means to shine. It is a type of breathing exercise that promotes good health and well-being of ourselves. It is a yoga technique which use to perform breathing exercise in particular poses. There is also many Kapalbhati Benefits Weight Loss that can provide a better outcome.
Overall, kapalbhati has a lot of physical, mental, and spiritual benefits for your body. It gives your organs fresh oxygen and energy to work in a better way.
Typically Kapal Bhati pranayama is of 3 types.
It is the most common position in this. The individual sits in the crossed leg position and performs the breathing exercise.
In this kapalbhati technique, one sniffs the water through nostrils and let it go through your mouth, and then they have to spit it out.
It is the complete opposite of Vyutkrama. Instead of taking water through your nostrils, you make it through your mouth and let it out by your nostrils.
Listed Some Kapalbhati Benefits Weight Loss:
- It helps in digestion and improves any gas or acidity related issues.
- If kapalbhati Prayanam is practiced regularly, it may help you in losing belly fat.
- The practice involves forceful breathing, which is good for the lungs and also increases its overall capacity.
- It makes your body active as oxygen reaches your body in a massive amount.
- It also increases the blood supply to the various parts of the body.
- Kapalbhati improves memory and concentration, so it’s beneficial for students as well.
- Kapalbhati activates the chakras of our body and helps in achieving awakening and controlling our body spiritually.
- Practicing Kapalbhati Pranayama can soothe your eyes and remove any kind of dark circles on your face.
- It can cure asthma and wheeze.
- It also stops hair loss and prevents the greying of hair.
- This prevents you from depression and boosts the production of endorphins, which helps to make you feel positive.
- It improves the health of your skin and removes acne, pimples, and gives you a radiant glow.
- This yoga asana helps improves blood circulation.
- It aids in digestion and other stomach problems.
- Practicing this pranayama is known to improve the metabolic rate of the body, thus helping in weight-loss.
- It removes toxins and any kind of wastes from your body by generating heat and helps in dissolving them.
- It can regularize women’s menstrual cycles and prevent menstrual cramps.
Individual benefits for each part of your body
1. Benefits for Health: Kapalbhati Benefits Weight Loss:
- Kapalbhati is best for diabetes to include lowering of blood sugar, basically by stimulating the pancreas to produce sufficient insulin for sugar control.’
- kapalbhati helps in fighting g with obesity. It is suitable for weight loss to include reducing abdominal fat, toning abdominal muscles, and reducing obesity.
- Practicing Kapalbhati can also provide relief from constipation or any other stomach issue like stomach pain, dehydration, etc.
- Kapalbhati Pranayama can improve your overall immune system and your ability to fight diseases
2. Benefits for Brain/Mind:
- It can help stimulate your nerves
- it energizes your brain and also de-clutter your mind.
- Kapalbhati Pranayama can calm your mind
- it provides you with a sense of balance.
- It can also improve your memory and help you concentrate better, in case you are a student
3. Benefits for Skin:
- It can prevent and even cure pimple and acne.
- It can help in slowing the aging process.
- This can also clear the clogged skin pores, thus making the skin clean and giving your face a glow.
4. Benefits for your Hair:
- It prevents hair loss and dandruff by increasing the blood flow to the scalp
- It strengths the hair root.
- Kapalbhati exercise prevents premature greying of hair.
Kapalbhati is excellent and beneficial for everyone. The best time to do kapalbhati is either early morning after some workout or in the evening after some walk. The best place to practice the Prayanam is close to nature. Try practicing it in the park, some hill or mountain after a hike, near the beach early morning when there are fewer people, or next to a river or waterfall. If in case you don’t have excess to any of the natural resources, one can also do it at home or on the terrace.
Kapalbhati is an excellent way to lose weight. As it helps with the reduction of belly fat, it helps in overall weight loss too. Kapalbhati benefits weight loss at any age. Make sure you do a little exercise and eat healthy food along with kapalbhati. You are trying to add fresh food and vegetables to your diet to maintain weight.
Other than the benefits of this magical pranayama, there are some side effects as well
Here are some side effects of kapalbhati:
We know that kapalbhati benefits weight loss but it also has some side effects too
- It may cause hernia or high blood pressure.
- It can make you nauseous if done in access.
- You might get a headache after doing kapalbhati.
- It may make your mouth dry, especially after doing Vatakrama.
- It may cause sweating, and you might smell.
Precaution to take while you perform kapalbhati pranayama:
We know that kapalbhati benefits weight loss, but it also has some side effects, too, so make sure you are careful and take these precautions.
- If you are just beginning, try it slowly; otherwise, you can faint.
- The best way to perform and practice kapalbhati is early morning with an empty stomach.
- First, learn how to play the pranayama. Also, if possible, get a health checkup.
- In case you live in a city where the pollution level is high, its best not to implement it.
- If you suffer from a heart problem, exhale slowly.
- If you have high blood pressure, try practicing it slowly and gradually increasing it.
- in case, if you have a slipped disc, don’t perform it.
- If you suffer from any kind of breathing diseases then perform kapalbhati in a supervised environment with a trainer or yoga instructor.
- Before practicing Kapalbhati, you should learn basic pranayama techniques and become proficient in them.
We can conclude that overall kapalbhati benefits weight loss, skin problems, and other stomach problems and overall a healthy yoga posture. but make sure that excessive kapalbhati make leads to some side effects as well, totally depending on your body.