With the coming of international fast-food companies like McDonald’s and BurgerKing, nowadays, children and adults are indulging in having fast food in their daily routine diet. Daily intake of fast food increases the common phenomenon of severe stomach indigestion in both adults and children. However, there is various stomach pain home remedy that can help to cure and improve stomach problems.
The frequency of increase in stomachache is also due to lack of physical exercise. Due to the cause of the COVID 19 pandemic, there is also a sudden breaking of our physical activities. The new culture of work from home disturbed our daily routine. Somehow, this is another cause that most of us facing stomach problems daily. In this article, we like to give you some suggestions on how to get rid of stomach pain.
In medical terms, an upset stomach is called dyspepsia. This is the type of disease, which occurred, mainly in your upper abdomen. It has a bunch of digestive disorder symptom that makes you uncomfortable and causes stomach-ache.
Causes Of Abdominal Stomach Pain:
- Sometimes vomiting also irritates the stomach due to the backward flow of acid.
- Alcohol consumption among the adult is the cause of stomachache. Smoking is also the cause of stomachaches among adults.
- Gallstone form in the form in the gallbladder due to an increase in cholesterol in bile can cause stomachache.
- The improper medication also caused indigestion, such as painkillers, antibiotics, etc.
- Diseases like epic ulcer gastritis and hyperacidity add to some of the pathological causes of stomach pain.
6. Insoluble Food:
Food responses can result in diarrhea, abdominal discomfort, and other stomach issues. Symptoms are usually only present for a few hours after eating and then disappear.
Consistent diarrhea may indicate a chronic illness, such as IBS. Although this disease does not harm the digestive tract, it might induce symptoms such as gas, bloating, stomach cramps.
8. Food Reaction:
Diarrhea after eating can also cause by various factors, including abrupt dietary changes, the use of high-fat meals, food intolerances. Celiac disease is a condition in which the body cannot digest gluten, a protein present in wheat, rye, and barley. According to some studies, more than 20% of adults have food sensitivities.
The appendix is located on the right side of the lower abdomen. The swallow in the appendix causes pain in abdominal pain.
Diarrhea can also cause by gastroenteritis. It refers to a bacterial or viral infection of the stomach and intestine.
One of the main reasons for stomach pain is overeating. This problem is mainly seen in children who are fund of fast food, Spicy food and hence ends up eating more then reqd.
12. Stress and Worry:
It can also cause diarrhea by stimulating bowel motions. Stress may also contribute to the development or exacerbation of IBS symptoms. The brain and the stomach have a connection, which might explain why anxiety can cause digestive issues.
Diarrhea and other gastrointestinal abnormalities are also common in pregnant women, possibly owing to hormonal and anatomical changes in the body. Dietary modifications and new food sensitivities can also cause diarrhea during pregnancy. If diarrhea lasts more than a few days during pregnancy, see a doctor for a checkup and guidance.
14. Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD):
Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) is a term used to describe a collection of diseases that damage the intestine, such as Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis. Among the signs and symptoms are: Diarrhea, tiredness, stomach discomfort, bloody stool, and weight loss are all symptoms of this condition. Unlike IBS, IBD can cause damage to the digestive tract.
When To Visit A Doctor:
If you have Diarrhea and stomach discomfort, you should consult a doctor if you have the following symptoms:
- The saturation of the stomach during and after a meal.
- Bleaching and burning in the upper abdomen.
- Sensing of Bloatness in Abdomen.
- Vomiting and nausea.
- If they are severe and become worse over time, occur in newborns, older individuals, or persons with weaker immune systems recur regularly
- If you have diarrhea with one of the following Symptoms, see a doctor immediately.
Immediate Doctor Recommendation
The following suggestions, on the other hand, may help to minimize the probability of acquiring symptoms.
- Eat a healthy diet and limit your intake of fatty foods.
- Food intolerances should be avoided, and alcohol use should be limited.
- Food quantities should be measured carefully to avoid overeating.
- Maintain appropriate hydration and prevent interaction with those who have the stomach flu by reducing stress and getting enough sleep.
- When preparing food, maintain excellent cleanliness, store food properly; take care when going to areas where food poisoning is common. Chat with a doctor about prescription side effects and alternatives.
- According to studies, another way to avoid stomach pain and diarrhea are to take probiotic supplements, which may help reduce travelers’ diarrhea and antibiotic-associated diarrhea.
What Not To Eat During An Upset Stomach:
- Avoid eating dairy products as it contains milk sugar lactose.
- People experiencing upset stomachs must not take fried foods as they are difficult to digest and can worsen stomach pain.
- Avoid eating insoluble fiber because it does not absorb much water. Its consistency does not alter much when wet. Also, do not eat insoluble fiber like wheat bran, whole grains, vegetables, barley nuts, and seeds. It speeds up the movement in the intestine, which will worsen diarrhea.
- Try not to take Chocolate or caffeine as it will lose your stool and worsen the condition in diarrhea.
- Apple juice is acceptable during an upset stomach, but Orange juice s not a good choice. Orange contains a lot of acids which reflex acid.
- FODMAP is the acronym for ‘fermentable oligosaccharides, disaccharides, monosaccharides, and polyols.’ FODMAPS are short-chain carbohydrates that are poorly absorbed by the intestines. FODMAPS-rich foods can cause abdominal pain and discomfort, bloating, gas and flatulence, and changes in bowel habits.
High FODMAP Foods To Avoid Include
Other Food products.
7. Foods that are greasy or fried should be avoided by people who are vomiting or have diarrhea. These are hard to digest and might aggravate gastrointestinal problems.
List of fatty or greasy foods to avoid:
- Fast Foods
- High Fat Meats
- High Fat Cheeses, Including Cream Cheeses
- Whole Milk, Or Milk That Is 2% Fat
- Sour Cream
- Foods With Added Butter, Margarine, Or Oil
8. Dumping syndrome, or fast stomach emptying, is a disorder caused by eating high-sugar meals. The duodenum is the top section of the small intestine, and this is where the stomach quickly discharges its contents into it.
List of sugary foods and drinks to avoid:
- Ice Cream
- Chocolate Milk
- Sugary Sodas
- Sports Drinks
- Fruit Juices
- Most Flavored Yogurts
What To Eat When Your Stomach Is Upset:
When your stomach is upset, try to eat liquids like Coconut water, sports drinks, and clear broth. It contains potassium, calcium, and magnesium that will relieve you from muscle cramps. The body often loses potassium in diarrhea and vomiting.
The meals and beverages listed below may help to soothe an upset stomach or avoid future problems.
Diarrhea or vomiting can cause a person to lose a lot of fluids. To avoid dehydration, they will need to replace lost fluids and electrolytes. Drinking adequate water is also important for constipation sufferers. Fluids soften wastes, making them easier to pass through the intestines. This aids in the regularity of bowel motions. Some fluids that can help replace water and electrolytes without causing stomach distress are listed below:
- Plain Water
- Clear Broths
- Diluted Fruit Juice Or Squash
- Popsicles Made From Frozen Diluted Fruit Juice
- Electrolyte Drinks
- Weak Tea Without Milk
- Herbal Teas
2. Probiotic-Rich Foods:
Probiotics are beneficial to the digestive system as well as the immunological system. If you’ve just finished a round of antibiotics or are looking for a supplement to help with persistent digestive difficulties, probiotic foods are a good option.
People who have an unsettled stomach with bouts of vomiting and diarrhea may not benefit from probiotic-rich meals. However, once these difficulties have been resolved, a person may choose to take probiotics to replace their healthy gut bacteria.
List of Probiotic-Rich Foods:
- Natural, Unsweetened Yogurt
Bananas can help replenish potassium and other electrolytes that a person may lose due to vomiting or diarrhea. You can also have lots of bananas. Bananas contain lots of potassium, which is easy to digest.
4. “BRAT” Diet:
BRAT is an abbreviation for bananas, rice, applesauce, and toast. These bland meals are easy on the stomach and may help avoid additional stomach problems. Bananas are part of the “BRAT” diet, which some people prescribe if you have a stomach ache or diarrhea.
5. Soluble Fiber:
Soluble and insoluble fibers are the two kinds of fiber. When soluble fiber is moist, it absorbs water and turns slimy or gel-like. Soluble fiber, according to the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, can help with diarrhea and constipation. It aids in the formation of soft, thick stools when eaten with plenty of water. Constipation sufferers may also benefit from adding insoluble fiber to their diet.
Soluble fiber may be found in the following foods:
- Oat Bran
Stomach Pain Home Remedy: How To Get Rid Of A Stomach Ache In 5 Minutes:
There are different types of treatment according to its system. The changing of lifestyle may help avoid indigestion by subtracting spicy food and eliminating the use of cigarettes and alcohol. Here is a list of some home remedies for stomach pain and gas that you can apply in your home before visiting the doctor:
1. Drinking water:
We know that water is needed by our bodies to absorb and digest nutrients from food and beverages. Being dehydrated makes our digestive system less effective that will likely increase the cause of stomach aches. According to the Ministry of Health and Medicine Division, recommended that women should have to take 2.7 liters of water a day. Men, on the other hand, must have to bring about 3.7 liters a day.
Water is the ultimate solution for an upset stomach. It also helps in eliminating toxic substances from our bodies. The increase of acid in our stomach may also cause stomach burning. Drinking plenty of water may destroy the acid from our digestive tract that gives you a soothing effect.
2. Avoid Lying Down:
When you have an upset stomach, always avoid lying down on your bed. When the body is in horizon tell mode, the acid in the stomach is more likely to go back and move upward, which can cause heartburn; therefore, people with an abstract stomach should avoid lying down for at least an hour until it passes. Even though someone needs to lie down, they should prop up their neck, head, and upper chest with a pillow, ideally 30-degree angle.
3. Lemon water:
Lemon water is an outstanding option. In case of indigestion, we should take a sufficient amount of lemon water when there is discomfort in the abdominal area. The alkaline effect of lemon helps in soothing the excess acidity in our stomach. Just take one teaspoon of lime juice and half a teaspoon of baking powder in a cup and drink this after your meal.
Ginger is a natural remedy and best stomach pain home remedy for stomach pain and indigestion. It can also use in times of cold, cough, and vomiting. The ginger contains a chemical called gingerols, which help in speedy recovery of stomach pain, and reduces abdominals contractions. As a result, it refers as one of the best medicine for stomach pain and indigestion.
Cinnamon refers as the best medicine for stomach pain for child by their mother. Its sticks contain a variety of antioxidants, including camphor. It helps your stomach digest food quickly. Cinnamon also helps to treat symptoms like bloating and fullness of the abdomen. As a result, it considers best stomach pain home remedy for all ages people. An adult with an upset stomach can add one teaspoon of cinnamon powder to their meal to get relief. Alternatively, you can also add the cinnamon powder with the boiling water to make a tea.
6. Avoid Smoking and Alcohol Consumption:
Smoking can irritate the throat that will increase stomach pain. If some person has vomiting issues, smoking can further irritate the tender issue already sore for stomach acid. An alcohol content toxic element that is difficult to digest can cause liver cancer and stomach bloating.
7. Take A Warm Bath:
A warm bath can also soothe your stomach pain. Heat may relax the muscle and cure indigestion. It is the best stomach pain home remedy because it is beneficial for girls with Menstruation problems. Taking a warm bath may help to heal the symptoms of a stomachache. Alternatively, you can also apply a heating pad to your stomach for 20 minutes until it goes cool.
8. Aloe Vera Juice:
Aloe Vera juice is also a healing agent for indigestion. It is easily available , hence also refers as one of best stomach pain home remedy. A sufficient amount of aloe juice may help you from the following problem:
- It will reduce the excess stomach acid.
- It will remove the toxic from your digestive tract and stimulate healthy bowel movements.
- Aloe Vera will improve protein graduation and promote a balance of digestive bacteria.
Basil contains a mini substance that reduces gas, relieves cramping, and improves overall digestion. It also helps in reducing the quantity of acid in the stomach. The person suffering from indigestion would try adding 1-2 teaspoons of dried basil leaves to their meal until their stomach pain reduces. They could also take half the spoon of dried basil with boiled water for more quick results while preparing tea.
10. Coconut water:
Though coconut water is not available everywhere, it has a high level of potassium and magnesium that helps in muscle spasms, cramps, and pain. It will also help in rehydrating your body. Taking two glasses of coconut water every four to six hours of interval could ease an upset stomach.
11. Carom Seeds:
Commonly its is called Ajwain. It consists of thymol that triggers the release of gastric juices. This helps in the digestion of food and solves the stomach pain caused by gas.
According to Ayurveda, taking one cup of Lukewarm water with one teaspoon of Asafetida would reduce the pain in the stomach. Asafetida works as anti-fluent that prevents the growth of bacteria that produce gas in the stomach.
To sum up
However, we can manage various symptoms of stomach pain by applying the above stomach pain home remedy. Still, it is always essential to check the underlying cause and the intensity of the pain. This will define whether you can cure your stomach pain at home or should consult a doctor. For mild symptoms, adding plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables to your daily meal and reducing alcohol intake will almost certainly get you relief from stomach pain. If the situation worsens, then consult your doctor for proper medication.